Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Science Experiment: Turning milk to plastic
1. First we turn on the portable element.
2. Then we put a small amount of milk in the bowl and put the bowl on the element.
3. After that we added the vinegar and let the mixture simmer.
4. Then we put all the mixture through the sieve with all the vieigar drained out.
5. If there is still some vinegar left, move the sieve up and down and side to side.
6. Then we put it out in the sun to dry.
7. When it has dried run cold water over the mixture.
8. After that you should be able to bounce it around like a ball, an eco friendly, plastic, home made, bouncy ball!
We did this experiment with Miss Jay in Room 12. Overall, I thought it was an amazing experience because we learned how to make plastic! I thought it was really fun and I can't wait until the next one! I think we might be making sherbet!
By Alex V.